Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Chinese New Woof woof Year!

What is it about blogging in airports that I find so fascinating? Weird I know. With me the novelty never seems to wear off. Yeah, I'm at KLIA waiting to board my flight back to KB for the Chinese New Year break. As usual, I came early to avoid the crush and to blog. Might as well right?

I have about an hour to spare and I managed to check-in at KL Sentral and took the KLIA Express here. All that took 30 minutes give or take. Yeap, it's way faster than driving your ass or someone else's ass for that matter to KLIA and less stressed. Almost had another lock crisis, except this time I was so frustrated that I bang the lock on the check-in counter and it unjammed itself! Miracle. Just hope the baggage crew didn't see that, else I'll be going back with a few missing items.. Touch wood!

Plus, I know that this flight is gonna be painful, coz I'm still sick and stuffed. Lord... help me. I've been sick for the past 5 days and my antibiotic treatment ended yesterday and yet I'm still very sick. Whatever meds the stooopid doc gave me wasn't strong enough. The frustrating thing is that I have been very good in taking my meds and careful not to eat anything that might make it worse and sleeping enough and YET I'm worse. Crap! There goes my CNY enjoyment. Plus we are suppose to go to the beach later on this week. I need to get well! I've been craving the sun, sea and sand for SO long and now that I'm going again, this has to happen? Total blech!

Honestly work was SLOW today. Everyone's either gone or in a holiday mood and not willing to work much. I called a few editors to clarify a few things and my head got snapped off by one with a "Sharon, I'm on leave today. Can you just leave this for AFTER the Chinese New Year break??" I was like, Holy Shit! I just riled the Editor of the Star. *sigh* How was I to know he was on leave? I'm not on leave and it is still a working day. Anyway, the general mood in the office was pretty much sluggish. Everyone was just waiting for Time to reach Clock-Out. Haha.

KLIA is packed! Arrival hall more than the departure hall. The arrival hall is packed with Malays. You will see a sea of tudung and topiah - an important flight from Saudi Arabia must be arriving. It's always like this in Kelantan, when Kelantanese are returing from the Haj, the entire kampung will turn out at the small (but spanking new) airport to greet just one friend, relatives, neighbour, fellow kampung member or whatever. One of the reasons why I hate it when I am on such flights. I hope this flight is not such a flight. If not, chiaklak man...

No comments: