Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Danced 'till I dropped

The weekend was one party after another and needless to say I had a fantastic time dancing my shoes down to their soles. ^_^ It's been ages since I last dance my heart out like that. Friday night saw me at Planet Hollywood for the Ratu concert but this is for work. Nokia was presenting phones to the Ratu singers and they invited me to come along to see and discuss possible PR spin offs. After the concert, I went over to The Loft, at the Asian Heritage Row, to listen to Darryl B spin. Managed to get in without paying for cover charge - Darryl sorted me out at the door since I was very late. Estella met me later. After downing a drink to get our motors running, we took to the dance floor and to hell with everyone. Danced until Darryl stopped spining, until they closed the club. Haha, what can I say, I love dancing and I love music.

And on Saturday night, it was the Guiness Black party at Zouk. I went early as I wanted to clear the guestlist. But I was pretty pissed that my friends were late (knowing they were on the guestlist) and one decided not too come, because he didn't feel like it. I know they can't help it but still... anyway, by the time they came it was passed midnight and the counter was closed - they couldn't get in unless they pay. So, they couldn't go in and I would not abandon them. In the end, we went to The Loft since it was free entry and ended having a hell of a great time.

So it was just Estella, Zona & me on the stage in The Loft, dancing to good music. We three can always dance anywhere, anytime, it is the one thing that we enjoy and have in common I guess. One thing I didn't see coming though, was the fact that I got hit on so many times that I actually wondered if there were some kind of women shortage in the club or something. Then one Indian man tapped on my thigh and said Hi to me. He acted like he knew me, but the place was dark and he being Indian and dark, made it hard for me to recognise who he was, and I couldn't make out his features. He was shouting him name at me and I leaned down to listen better. He pulled my head down to his level and said his name, and I almost got my wind knocked out of me when I realised it was Siva. It's been almost two years since we last saw each other. We dated for a while but... Anyway, I continued dancing and basically ignored him and finally he went off. *sigh* Yeah, still feel a little something there.

We danced until our feet were numb. Well, mine was. =P And the dancing proved to me that the blue suede shoes I had on that night is worth buying a second pair. One it lasts, and two the blue suede matches my blue suede handbag. Hee hee.

The next day, I fell sick. I'd worn myself out with the late nights and expenditure vast amount of energy. Was on MC for two days and now I'm back to work. Woozy...

No comments: