Saturday, June 04, 2005

Thrice feeling like a fool

Elevating circumstances
I'm not a fool but that is not to say that I didn't feel like a fool. It all started on Friday night when a colleague caught me at the lift late into the night and commented that another colleague and I were very close. As far as comments went, her's was snide and quite suggestive. My initial reaction was "So?" but like a fool, I didn't voice my inner thoughts, instead I said some inane reply about him following me clubbing and her reaction was "YOU bring HIM clubbing? How old is HE?" The lift doors opened at that moment, and I threw over my shoulder, "I have no idea." I can imagine how of her imagination must have run riot by now. *blech*

What the hell? Can't two colleagues be friends without having the tag of "They are dating" stuck unto them when they aren't even close to such behaviour? Just because I hang out with a male colleague doesn't mean we are dating or anything otherwise. I didn't realise that us being close have drawn the attention of others and frankly I don't see how it is any of their business. I just "close friend" colleague won't start being weird when he hears that gossip.

That was the first Feeling Like A Fool. The second and third was at the gym during my usual Saturday morning gym session.

I got whacked in the head...
... by my Kick boxing instructor! Yeap, right on the side of my head, it was more of a clip the side of my head thing though. I didn't duck in time when he took a swipe at my head, or rather I didn't duck low enough to avoid his Karate hand. Lord... It didn't hurt but I felt branded after that. Branded, not by him, but by the fact that I didn't duck in time. I've been doing this for a year plus, and I've managed to avoid head injuries before, but that Saturday, I had other things on my mind and I was looking elsewhere. Thus I got whacked in the head for my wandering inattention. How embarrassing! I'm supposed to be one of the advance ones and then this... Sara, another long time gym member couldn't stop laughing! I felt like an inadequate fool.

Breaking the circle of fun
That was the second Feeling Like A Fool. My third was when we were running in circles and I was behind the instructor. The music was good, our legs were pumping hard, it was a good workout... I should have known better than to be right behind the instructor or rather me "leading" the pack... Rizal suddenly stop and turned and raised up his hand. I thought he wanted us to stop and go the other way, so I did, and bumped into the women coming up behind me. All he wanted was to hi-5 us! Argh! I should've known that! It's not like I've never done it before! Everything is routine for gosh's sake! Everything stopped after that. Rizal was resigned and we just went into the cooling down part since it was close to finishing anyway. I felt like the fool who screwed things up.

Getting on the Moto wagon
So how much worse can my weekend get? Thank god, not much. After that three whamos, my weekend got better with the arrival of my new Motorola V551. I love my new phone. I got it off eBay. ^_^ My cousin in the US picked it up for me and sent it back via another cousin who passed it to my mum and now my mum is here! So I have my new mobile! Bid USD120 for it and it's brand new. They don't sell this model here, and the charger's pin is of course for US sockets only - I'm using my universal adapter to charge my phone at the moment. Weird thing is that it didn't come with the data transfer cable, so I can't transfer anything from my phone to my laptop at the moment. I'll go have to buy one. Not only that, but the software is basic, I have a smattering of ring tones, 3 wallpapers and themes, 1 demo game and something else. It's a whole new system, and I'll have to adapt myself to it. Oh well. I don't mind. *grin*

Now, I'm sitting in Starbuck's just chilling it. Yesterday, I was watching our entire collection of Voyager. I think I need some time away from the Collective to recuperate and come back to the 21st century.

No comments: