Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Meeting Najib Ali

Everything that could go wrong today, went wrong. So it was a very busy day and I could have done without a certain somebody's attitude. I was so busy that I didn't have time to read my stack of papers. Sigh. Am so gonna suffer later on when I have more papers to go through.

On the bright side, I met Najib Ali today when I arranged for press interviews to promote our new programme Kopi O Teh Tarik. He was not diva-like as I was warned. He's actually quite nice. He's quite charismatic in a quiet way but he can pumped up his persona with a flick of his internal energy switch. I got him to do a promo for KOTT that we will be airing next week. After all the interviews today with The Star and Utusan was about the show. After the interview, he said he wanted to talk to me. I was like "Ok... sure, hold on let me see the reporters to the door first." We talked a bit and he pumped me for information about VNM. He's looking for a company to pitch some of his ideas too and he needed to know more on VNM. While talking, I pitch the idea of him doing a short promo for us for the KOTT to him and he said, "Sure! We can do it now." I was delighted. So I called Natasha straight away and frankly I think he was surprised as he didn't expect me to be able to do it right that moment. *grin* But Natasha and I already had this idea to ask him, so we were prepared. At first we didn't think he would do it without being paid and I held off asking his manager earlier, but he's really is not that bad a person. Of course, I knew that he wanted something from me and I asked him first before he asked me. ~_^

I hope that we will get to work with Najib Ali in the future. I would really love to see how he works. Imagine all that energy and creativity going into something he believes in. Makes more a better TV future methinks.

Btw, I'm changing my blog design back to the old one. This new one is so generic and boring. I do not like it anymore. Yuck. You were right, Wei Yong. =P

No comments: