Sunday, March 20, 2005

Hell bent on kickboxing

*groan*

My back is killing me. I started my gym classes again yesterday at Phillip Wain and now I'm paying the price for being too earnest in my quest for a vigourous session. I got my rigourous session alright - I joined the kickboxing class. It's no different from my aerokick classes that I was a regular at LAST YEAR. So Miss Gung Ho here just jumped into the class with such enthusiasm that she conveniently forgot that she has been out of the loop for a WHOLE year. She was NOT prepared to accept that she might not be able to take it after such a long absence.

I'm so out of shape. I almost black out once during the class and my stamina was dismal. I used to be able to last the entire class and after that I usually hit the treadmill and crunch machine. Yesterday, I followed my old routine and now I'm bent like an old woman every time I get up from the chair to walk somewhere!!!

So I'm stuck at home and it's sunday for pete's sake! Argh! I'm so disgusted with myself for not taking it easy for my first class in a long time. I could keep up and it felt good to be punching and kicking again and working such a sweat that I was revelling in the fact that I could still do the roundhouse. But afterwards... ow ow ow ow ow ow OW!

My back hurts like the dickens! My triceps are protesting the 6 sets of uppercuts we were rigourously doing yesterday and the jump kicks sets must have put out my back. I'm so old now. Lord... can't even take a few punches. Sheesh.

Well, I'm sure darn well gonna get my stamina back. I know I will coz I was reminded how much I enjoy a good and violent punching session and kickboxing is way FUN and just what I need to work out my rage and aggression.

No comments: