Monday, January 03, 2005

Besieged by phantoms

It's the new year of 2005 and I'm besieged by indecisions again about my job. I despair. I've been brooding about this for so long. Anyone can see that I'm very unhappy.

I know it's normal thought not good to dread going back to work but I did feel that last night. And I couldn't sleep. And when I did sleep, my slumber was disturb by horrible dreams that ended with a nightmare. I dreamt that i came up with a new solution to promote our show and it was so simple and wildly affective. Then the next thing I knew, I dreamt I woke up and there was a weird relationship between Patches and an alien artifact. In the end, someone tried to kidnap Patches with mind control but I managed to pull him back. But then some preacher type person came and cursed patches and said he would die by 9pm tonight. Then Patches started thrashing. I was so enraged that I whiped out a machete from somewhere and slashed the person to a pulp, all the while his sinister laugh continued long after he was dead. I started awake when the man started becoming a mush. My heart was pounding so fast and strong that I could hear it in my ears. I was afraid to move for a few seconds thinking that I was in danger, thinking that I might still be dreaming.

I woke up feeling that I know that this is not the job for me, that I was unhappy, that I was wasting my time learning a craft that I have no interest in, that I was gonna resigned today, that I knew I could be happy elsewhere like working at Club Med or going overseas to work in an animal santuary. As long as I didn't have to work under the Queen Bee and her unroyal subjects.

"Not everyone is lucky enough to like their job. So stop being a sissy!" I tell myself. But how long do I flog this dead horse? Or is the horse really dead for that matter? Or maybe the horse hasn't really live yet to be dead so soon.

God help me please...

No comments: