Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Time to get my own wheels

Lord, I just got in to work! And it's late! I'm just sooo annoyed right now at the taxi companies that I've decided that I've had it! I'm going to get my own car and I won't have to rely on unreliable taxi services in the future. I was ready since 8am and none came. What the heck is wrong with the traffic these last few days?! I called and called and called and in the end I demanded to know why there any a single iota of taxi passing my way and they told me that my distance was too short compared to other customers! This from the company I use everyday to go to work and sometimes I still have to walk out to the main road coz they "say" that there aren't any! ARGHHHHHH! Taxis and taxi companies have been spoilt for too long that they are allowed to choose customers. This is STILL what's wrong with Malaysia! Corruption down to the grimy wheels of overused cabs! In Australia, there is no such thing as choosing whether you want to go or not. There, everything is controlled by one department and if they dispatch someone to go and fetch an old lady from her house to her neighbour's, they go, no question asked! It's public service to them. Here, it's business, and that's what's wrong with this system! And I've not come across one taxi in Perth who asked for a higher fee. Here *snort* there are PLENTY of that kind of bad dealings around. Well, I don't want to play anymore. We should all car pool and let the taxi services ROT IN HELL!

Now what car should I get? My budget is low since I'm still earning peanuts. But I'm not too keen on a secondhand car though as you don't know where it's been. I still need to do a lot of research. What's the current interest rate I wonder? I think I shall go to a showroom this weekend.

No comments: