Monday, September 13, 2004

Bumped out of the lane!

I agree that we have some of the most HELLISH drivers in Malaysia. Not only did my sister encounter one, we encountered one driving a cement truck. The whole of Saturday was kinda nice, and sister decided to drive me to KL and drop me off for Lydia's film screening at the MVA at the National Art Gallery in KL. Anyway, we were already running late and we weren't too sure how to get there either. The only way she know was the Lebuh Ampang way. So fine.

Anyway, we got stuck in that traffic snarl for half and hour and after that we had to follow a not too informative map by my housemate. Long story short - we got lost, hopelessly lost. Then when we finally see the NAG, it was on the other side of the road AND we missed the turning to the Pahang Roundabout. THAT was a big mistake.

We were suppose to go down to the Fed Highway but the road was closed! Roadwork. All cars were diverted to this one lane flanked by those neon plastic water dividers. Anyway, all the cars were converging into one lane, when a huge cement truck started squeezing in beside us. Short of reversing a little distance, we couldn't do anything. The passenger of the truck was leaning out of his window when the bloody darn stupidly stupid and terribly horrible f***ing IDIOT decided to barrel in regardless of the fact there wasn't any space! The bloody darn stupidly stupid and terribly horrible f***ing IDIOT driving his cement truck then squeezed his fat assed truck into the space and by doing so, he uncaringly shove our car out of the way with his fat assed truck. I should have given the passenger the finger but we were too shocked. I tried to get the licensed number but it was covered in mud! We should sue the bloody company for its reckless drivers. The guy looked foreign too! Go back to your own country you stooopid mother f**kers!

After that, we got down to assessed the damaged - the side mirror was broken, and the side of my sister's car was slightly dented and scratched. The damage was minor but it's the whole thing that got to us. Of course, my sister was mad and she took it out on me. I had to bit my tongue and not remind her that she wanted to drive me there anyway! I was all ready to call it a night as she was driving recklessly and unthinkingly by then. She was mulishly adamant that she will send me there else it would be a waste that her car got into a scrape for nothing! By the time I got there I was 2 hours late and I was a mess mentally. My night was shot to from then on. I couldn't concentrate and I couldn't stop running the entire thing in my mind. Zona had already left by the time I got there too. *sigh* What a crappy start to my night.

But later, we went out for drinks to celebrate Lydia's success. At first it was hard to enjoy it all, my mind was a mess as I had a fight with sister knowing she was blaming me for the whole thing, but the alcohol helped heaps. It ended up a pretty fun night.



No comments: