Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A brush with... something

Something strange happened yesterday. I haven't quite decided if its a normal thing or something supernatural.

I got in very early yesterday morning and went to McD to get breakfast. (McD opens at 8am and is on the same floor as the GSC movie theater in Mid Valley) When I got there, I discovered that I wasn't the person/customer there. Another old indian lady was the first. She was sitting quietly at one of the tables near the exit, but she wasn't eating.

After getting my order, I was on my way out of McD when she stopped me. She asked me about where the public phones were, as she needed to call her friend, Balan, who was holding on to her movie ticket. Now, having not used a public phone donkey years, I could not give her an answer. She mentioned that she was there to see a movie courtesy of GSC for senior citizens.

Since I could not direct her to a pay phone, I offered to let her use my mobile phone. She handed me a piece of paper with a mobile number on it. I dialed but no one picked up. I dialed another time and again no one picked up. In the end, I left her with an apology and a "hope you enjoy your movie".

When I got back to my desk, I felt guilty that she was waiting there all alone. so I called the number again and this time a guy picked up. I clarified his identity and then mentioned that his old lady friend was waiting at McD for him and for her movie ticket. But Mr. Balan then told me he has no idea what I'm talking about and that I had the wrong number, and he hung up.

Worried for the old lady, I called a GSC friend to ask what time was the movie starting. But she told me that they didn't have a Senior Citizen movie scheduled for that day.

Is that creepy or what???!!!

No comments: