Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Memories of the sweetest puppy

The first time I set my eyes upon you,
My eyes lit up with joy and delight,
That someone, somewhere out of the blue,
Gave me you, a bundle of black and white.

From the box, you whined and barked,
Jumping and demanding that I pick you up,
Your white fur soft and black patches dark,
Who could resist such an adorable pup?

Yawning mouth wide open, teeth exposed;
tumbling back on your hunches, blinking sleepily;
I picked you up to cuddled you close,
You snuggled your nose against me comfortably.

To me you were the cutest puppy,
The way you trundled along clumsily...
The way you licked my nose constantly...
And chewed on my ears occasionally...

You would chase insects through the grass,
Bounding and trampling after them gleefully,
Yet no matter how many trees and people you passed,
One call was all it needed to call you back to me.

~ seaDevilyn @ 2006 ~

No comments: