Monday, July 10, 2006

JUICEd

Lydia & Me

Happy 4th Birthday, JUICE! *Muaks*

Lyd and I went to the JUICE 4th Anniversary Party at Ruums Sat night. Met Naz & Elaine there. The theme, being Hat And Bananas, gotvery poor response from the guests, as usual. It's not a fashion culture we practice, 'kay... Hey, I didn't wear a hat coz I don't wear hats. Have you ever seen me wear a hat? No.

Naz & Me

It was fun even though we left early, and it was free flow. But until a certain hour only. *Disappointed pout* But getting the free drinks were a nightmare. There was a mob in front of the VIB (Very Important Bananas) Bar, and we had to wait half an hour before our turns. Needless to say it was packed - saw a bunch of editors and writers. Small industry mah. Y'know, I just realised that I didn't see anyone I know from the editorial team there, not even Diwa or April! Maybe it was too dark. Haha. Saw Chak as well, but then Chak is always at all the happening events. Disco demon that one.

To tell you the truth, I went there to network but ended up having a good time. Music, by Joey G, was danceable and throw in a pinch of good company, you have yourself a fun package.

Okay... the reason I went home early because I had to get up early at 6.30am before the workmen comes at 7am to continue with my house renovations. Oh, didn't I mention? My kitchen and backyard is under renovations. So for the past one week and the next three weeks, I'll be choking on cement dust and temporarily relocated wherever and whichever apply.

So, needing much sleep to overcome my "stoned" look, I checked myself into Boulevard Hotel at Mid Valley City (which is like 5 mins from my house), as it's the nearest to work. Omigawd... I spend the whole day, wallowing in comfort and soft, fluffy quilt and pillows. *Blissful sigh* I went down to Jusco, bought sustenence, and parked myself in bed from morn till night, just reading, sleeping and generally having my much needed rest.

I seriously contemplated taking a day off this morning when the time to check out came. Me, I'm a simple woman. I don't need to travel far to find comfort. *wink* Hahaha.

No comments: