Monday, June 05, 2006

Tired but edgy

I almost got into an accident just now. I almost knocked another car at the PJ State roundabout, or rather he almost knock me. I was careless and I was tired. I thought the car was turning right but he was turning left. My vision blurred but I think he changed his signals the last minute. But I admit that I was careless as he was on the outer lane when my foot pressed the gas pedal. I should have been more careful and waited until I was sure of his direction before I started forward. If he didn't avoid me, he would've hit my side. I think both are in the wrong. But more so me than him as he had the right of way. He flipped me.

The past one week of KLIMS has drained me. I'm tired and I'm cranky. I feel as though I can never feel well-rested again. I worked throughout KLIMS, from 9am to 10.30pm every day, from the beginning to the end. I was the only PR person there for the most parts and it was tiring being the coordinator for the media, the public and some of my team. Packing the brochures into the folder and the paperbags were crazy and we had to mobilised half of the company to help us push out as many brochures as we could. We had 100,000 paperbags to pack. We fell short of 30,000. But 70% is quite good already. A pile of paperbags that took 30 minutes to pack went within 3. It was a packing frenzy.

I was one of the packers as well as a liaison between the KLIMS PR company and Client. Not just for the media but for the Royalties and the dignitaries too. Protocol sucks.

I will be posting up pictures later. But for now, I think I'm still in shock.

From a car exhibition I emerged drained and reckless, a dangerous driver on the road. I don't think I'll be driving tomorrow.

No comments: