Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Was it all worth it?

I would have to say yes and a little no.

One of the major reason I took this job was to have the chance to learn new things. To experience new things. With the KLIMS project, I would have to say I did learn a few things. On top of that, I made some new good friends and my team is closer now for the experience.

Yeah, I worked the 10 days straight and I'm back to work the very next day, with no monetary or leave compensation in sight. I asked about the leave compensation thing and was told that no such thing exist in this company. Imagine that. You worked very hard, you spend your weekends working like crazy, your body protests every night, and yet there are no compensations in sight. I guess now I know why people go into sales. Why put in so much energy into work when the end output is still the same amount? I should just be a model employess but work exactly 8 hours a day and all the extra hours, I should just freelance. Yeah, I know. I say this now, and I procrastinate.

Yeah my boss acknowledged my hard work, with an email to the team and the company. It's good that he have eyes to see. But what about my weekends? I'm anal about my weekends, I guess. You can have me the whole day for my weekdays, but my weekends, I keep to myself as it is MY weekends. That's something the Labour Court would love to chew on, but *shrug*. Malaysia being Malaysia, hah.



*sigh*

No comments: