Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What is the attraction factor?

It happened again. Why I deem to blog about it is because this kind of things do not happen to me and it happened again last night. I am quite befuddled. Maybe I should just go overseas since I seem to be more attractive to non-chinese men. Hmm...

Last night, I was approached by this Italian guy who tried to ask me out for drinks. We were in the mall. I was sitting down unobtrusively, waiting for my sisters when he sat down next to me and said hi. From the corner of my eye, I knew someone sat down but I wasn't paying attention. Imagine my surprise when he repeated his greeting louder.

Anyway, little talk ensues and we found out superficial things about each other. In the end, when he asked, I was hesitant to give my contact as I always am, but he persisted and finally I gave him my email address. Said he was in IT and he's been here for 6 months working in Raja Chulan. I didn't ask deeper.

Am I interested? Maybe... not really, who knows... One of my new year resolution is to be more open to new things. But I'm not putting hope into it or anything. We will see. The last one who approached me seems to be more interested in a role in the padi fields. Wonder what this one wants...

Am I being too cynical? Probably. It's a conditioned reflex.

No comments: