Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The red indian of Jalan Telipot

This Chinese New Year holiday is one pain after the other... I'm still sick as a puppy and I'm sunburnt to the max. Look at me now, and one would think that I'm a burnt victim. Haha. I'm so sunburnt that it's not even funny to point and laugh anymore. Well, that's not true coz my brother-in-law is still doing it. Sheesh.

We went to Tembila in Terengganu yesterday for some sun, sand and surf therapy and it was FUN. It's been a couple of years since we last been back there. Since it was the monsoon season, the waves were big and the undertow was strong and it got stronger as the day wore on. But that didn't stop us from jumping in and having a whale of a time and I say whale coz that's what we looked like, rolling in the waves and splashing like a beached whale. Early noon, the tide was still low and it revealed a sandbank in the middle of the sea. We swammed to it beached ourselves contentedly for a spell.

Anyway, I underestimated the power of the sun and decided to go shirtless and slathered on sunblock. It was not enough. I forgot to put more on when I came out of the water and I went a-exploring to the other end of the beach which is about 800 metres long and I walked about 500 metres to the tip and back again. By the time I got back, I was beet red. But that the time I didn't notice the burn... thought I was indestructible... haha... proved me wrong. Will pose up pictures of my burned upper body later. I tried to take a picture of it just now, but the night lighting doesn't show up the correct redness of my burn. Meanwhile here are some pictures of Tembila. No, I'm not putting pictures of myself in swimsuit here. It might blind you, coz I'm just so gorgeous. *wink*












No comments: