Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Fuzzy wuzzy not because of love






"It's only coffee..."




It's that time of the year again and I absolutely refuse to fall into the trap of feeling sorry for myself, coz I have no one to "celebrate" this day with. But what I will do is get pissed off that guys only talk to me if they want to get into my pants.

Last week, I got picked up by this Irish guy in MPH. Picked up as in a successful attempt on his part as he got my email address. I thought he was nice at first but then he got really intense and started talking about sociology and how he hates the rights and wrongs of today's world, down to asking what I thought of Malaysian men. All these without me asking and in the space of 20 mins.

I found out that he's a tourist, has been down here to visit friends. And that he will be visiting Singapore before he goes home the coming Monday.

How'd this happen? I have no idea. One minute I was browsing and the next a man's voice asking, "So what would you recommend?" I was so blur.*sigh* I truly didn't expect to be picked up at a book store and certainly not a "qwai lo", and from Ireland to boot.

Since this year one of my resolutions were to be more open and not so choosy, I gave him my email address when he asked for my number. That was 7ish.

Next day, I checked my emails as usual and found an email from him in my inbox, dated the night before at 9ishpm. I'm always polite so I replied and wishing him a good time in singpore. Later in the day, he replied that he didn't go to Sg and if I wanted to go out for coffee. I thought to myself, "Why not? It's only coffee." So I set the date on Sunday and a time to meet up. Needless to say he didn't reply so we didn't meet up. Then late evening, he smses me from his friend's phone about how he had really wanted to see me and blah blah blah. I didn't ask why he couldn't make it. I just wished him safe journey home. He replied with an offer to meet up that night. Needless to say, since the next day is a working day, I didn't want to sleep late, so I decline his invite twice and he call me "Unadventurous". I was irritated naturally but I was still polite and turned him down, and again, wished him safe journey.

Eesh. As if I'm about to go meet a total stranger somewhere in the city, at night, by myself. My this year's resolution may call for open-mindedness but it sure as hell does not call for foolishness. 'Sides, he left Monday.

No comments: