Sunday, November 20, 2005

My life is my work, how sad.

My world seems to revolve around my work these days. If it weren't for the fact that my sister and I work in the same area, and we drive to work together, I wouldn't get to see her at all for a week! I managed to meet up with a diving buddy for Happy Hours Friday night and it was good to catch up with him. However, the plan was to go party at Bar Ivy after but I actually had a headache and I felt drained! Lord, this is a first.

Working on this Heineken account is really time consuming. It's not that I don't enjoy my work, I do, even more so than when I was at VNM, it's just that I'm not used to not spending time with my family. Yesterday, I only had 3 hours to spend with my mom and my nephews at my other sister's place before I had to come in to work again.

When I got here, I discovered a real problem - the backdrop that Production mounted for me yesterday had huge bubbles marring the perfect poster! It must have been the humidity of it being left in the office overnight and then the downpour late afternoon. Called the production guy for help and all he said was "So? What do you expect me to do?" What the fuck? I was pissed off! It's his job and he didn't do it well and it's up to me to fix it? Anyway, what can I do but rant and fix the problem myself. So I did. I couldn't save the old poster and I didn't think that mounting one again will solve the bubbles problem. So I got a fresh poster and made a frame for it like a painting, with strips of mounting boards glued together for reinforcement. Then I glued the frame to the back of the poster. This way, I think it solves the problem of humidity and bubbles, enough that it will last and hold up for my prize presentation in two hours time from now. I came to work today and it was OK. My work was OK. No thanks to the production manager.

After the prize presentation at Bangkok Jazz, I have to head over to 1 Utama for the Nokia roadshow. Looks like it's another working day for me.

Ok, gotta go. Take care peeps!

No comments: