Wednesday, July 14, 2004

By the hand of Tenaga and fate, I get to blog on my new iBook

I'm so stoked. This is my first blog on my new iBook! My 12-inch, 1GHz PowerPC G4, 30 GB and Combo drive iBook. ^_^ Yay! I've been waiting to blog on my mac for a few days now., since Sunday when I bought it but I couldn't as I really didn't have time. I could have blog about it at work but I didn't want to debut with another computer - I didn't want to tell the cyber world that I bought an iBook just yet as I wanted to do it 'properly'. *grin* Which I am now. Hee hee.

I can't believe I am now the proud owner of a brand new iBook. Oooohhh. =)) I've been wanting so long to own one and now I do! No offence to my old laptop which I have given to my sister to use, this is by far the greatest laptop experience I've ever had. Of course, my old laptop is still loved. It's like your first love - you never forget them. The poor dear is so exhausted it no longer even sticks its tongue out at me anymore. Even if it does occasionally sticks its tongue out, it refuses to swallow. *sigh* Poor thing. It has served me very well. We had our first Aussie experience together and then of course the little darling was a great help in all of my assignments. I shall miss doing my work on it. But I still visit it occasionally and give it a pat now and then. You can never totally forget your first love, y'know.

The reason I'm able to blog now at such an early time is because fate has handed me time on a bronze platter - no electricity means no can do work as computer not working, lights not working, air-con not working and the only thing working is the phone which you can't really use as you can't see where the buttons are, so EVERYONE on third floor left; only the third floor is affected - so I'm now at home, blogging on my new iBook, ^_^ I've not been home so early in such a long time. *blissful sigh* Usually I get home about 10pm nowadays what with the MaXX-a-Million project and all. The power was fluctuating the whole day after lunch time for some reason. There were surges and of course computer freezes. It was hell for the tech guys, and today Leonard, our Central Tech Officer wasn't in, so the tech boys had to handle everything on their own. I teased Ken, our Financial Controller, that he must have forgotten to pay the electricity bill and that's why Tenaga is switching our electricity on and off to remind us to pay up! And he replied, "No, we always pay half first, that why. The other half must be due." Hahaha! Internal joke. *grin*

It's an amazing feeling. Typing on this is almost... *shiver* heaven. Plus the feel of this baby and the aesthetic value of it all... BLISS. And it plays heavenly music, it talks to me, I can watch videos, and it rips CDs... sigh... Seriously, sigh. The memory is fast running out as I'm ripping as many songs as I can in it, esp all my Chillout music. Right now, I'm playing Moby's Whispering Wind and ohhhhmeeegawdds... watch those goose bumps pop up and down with the soothing rhythm. Serious. If I were bolder, I'd say this experience is almost... orgasmic. *_*

No comments: