Sunday, October 17, 2004

Back into fluidic space

God, I hurt. My whole back and arms hurt like the dickens. I went swimming yesterday night at Estella's pool and I overdid it. 27+ laps after almost how many donkey years of abstinence(I lost count). The last time I swam seriously was like 7 years ago. Should have known better and taken it easier. But no... sharon had to show off that she could still do it. And look what it got her... *sigh* My back muscled are as tight as a catapult and getting up from a reclining position is positively quivery. Serves me right.

Weird thing was that I was enjoying my swim so much that I didn't feel the strain. I only got out of the pool when it got late and my skin was an prune-like as it could be.

Ow, ow, ow.

Sisters were laughing at me the whole day today. Every time I winced, they snicker. Geeze... -sigh- Whatmore, they reminded me that I didn't warm up, that I went straight into freestyle instead of the breaststroke first.

Oh well, I hope the tightness will ease soon. I should start swimming properly again. Estella has so generously offered me an open invitation to her condo's pool. But nah, I'll wait till she's in to go. Feels kinda wrong to just get into the pool when she's not around. As I should.

No comments: