Monday, September 04, 2006

Death of an Aussie legend, Steve Irwin.









(Photo from news.com.au)
I'm still in shock, after hearing the news today. I can't believe that Steve is gone! Omigawd...death by a stingray barb to the heart. According to the news, Steve's death is the only third known fatal case in Ozzie waters. It was a freak accident as stingrays are gentle and timid creatures. It's really horrible bad luck that Steve got pierced in his heart by the poisonous barb. Omg... it's still hard to take it in.

Steve Irwin was a wonderful and dedicated animals' advocate and he lived his life to save God's amazing creatures. He was such a vibrant and larger-than-life guy and it's unbelieveble that he's gone. We all thought he would live a long life. He taught the world respect and understanding for deadly and misunderstood creatures. He made us smile with his "Crikey, she's a beauty!" commentary and his daring antics on TV. We all knew he was a risk taker but he knew what he was doing. Yet to die by a stingray barb is really too sad and unbelievable. Maybe it's his time. Like Princess Diana, he died whilst in his prime and at his peak.

I feel so sad. I love watching The Crocodile Hunter and all the other series. I am so going to miss Steve. How sad... I won't be able to see him in action in Australia Zoo. It was my plan, to go see Steve Irwin at Australia Zoo, when I go visit Kim at her new place in Queensland next year. Now, he will no longer be there.

I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
~ Steve Irwin ~


That's Steve Irwin for you, a selfless animal protector. Today, now and the future, let's celebrate Steve's life by making sure that we all help in animal conservation.

My heartfelt condolences to Terry, Bindi, baby Rob, Steve's amazing parents and the wonderful people at Australia Zoo. We will miss you so much, Steve. Thank you for showing the world how wonderful and misunderstood crocs are. May you rest in peace.

No comments: