Saturday, September 23, 2006

The beginings of a new hobby???

I've always been interested to design and make my own jewellery and yesterday, I took my first step to learning how to. In such a huge and vibrant city like KL, I've never found a place that sells DIY kits and tools for making jewellery. Well, it's just me not really looking hard enough la. =P Well, with Ren's upcoming wedding this Wednesday at Pangkor Laut, I had run out of time to fix my dress. I wanted to add a halter beaded chain to my tube, empire cut dress that I'd purchased from elipse 2 weeks ago. What a surprise it was to find someone who could sell me Chain Nose pliers and even show me how to use it to make perfect 'P' loops and Eye Loops.

This sweet lady, named Nole, sells supplies to jewellery makers. She's such a nice woman and she taught me the basics of making wire jewellery even though I was just browsing. She's so nice that she even told me where to get cheaper pliers as her's was slightly on the ka-ching side. But I bought her's as it was exactly what I was looking for.

She sat me down and gave me a free lesson in making jewelley and she made me a pair of silver wire earrings for free! She took me step by step into the process and encourage me to have a hands on experience. And she even provided iced orange juice!

She also told me that to start making jewellry, the basic cost is about RM200 for the basic tools and template. I think it's pretty cheap the cost to start something I've always wanted to try. So this is my start.

If you're interested to get the proper tools, you can find Nole Norzela at Amcorp Mall on Saturdays only in front of Giant at LG. You can also email her at info_rcg@tm.net.my for more information.

No comments: