Saturday, December 10, 2005

Work, work, work. *grin grin grin*

"U did a great job on nokia. Still on a learning curve but u have a never say die spirit. Dont lose that!"

My GM smsed me that last night. I was surprised that he noticed and even smsed me to let me know. I really appreciate superiors letting me know how I'm doing and I know myself enough that I will be working harder to do even better. Yeah, gimme a pat on the head and I'll try even harder. Just like a puppy. Pah...

Work has been crazy the past 3 weeks, what with Heineken and Nokia, both kicking off within 6 days of each other. On top of that, the Senior PR Consultant has moved on to another company Dec 1, and me being next senior in line, took over most of her stuff, and she has 8 years experience in the industry and I have 2! For the moment we are still looking for a replacement who is equal in, if not more, experience to PL. She hired me, you know. It's quite disconcerting to lose the person who hired you whilst you're still trying to find your footing in a new company. *sigh... shrug* Life goes on and so does work.

Well, my Nokia media launch has come and gone last Thursday and I'm told it was a great success, with the media giving us great feedback that it was THE best media launch they have ever been too. Wow... THE best... wow... The media had to RSVP and attendance was 100% plus as we had to turn away people who didn't RSVPed! What to do? We had limited seats and we really couldn't accomodate exrta media. *sigh* Wish we could though, hate turning away media, hope there won't be too much of a repercution... *eek*

What we basically did was create a special day for female writers from targeted publications in order to launch the new Nokia 6111 slide phone. It's really quite a feminine phone and it's slick and chic and small enought and fits well into a lady's palm and evening purse for that matter. It's a really nice phone and the audio is fantastic. We had the media launch at Nine, One Bangsar, and had silhouttes of women using the Nokia 6111 in cartoon cutouts and pasted onto the glass windows. Then we served them the cocktails and mocktails they pre-ordered a day earlier while they wait for the event to start.

We started with a musical with songs about women, relationships, career, love and men. Imported 3 very talented women to sing to a 3 piece band - flutist, pianist and drummer. After that, lunch was a fine dining affair with food prepared according to each writers and editors preference. We also asked them what their favourite flowers were and those said flowers were waiting for them on their seats in the dining area. We had sunflowers, lilies, roses, carnations, orchids and even a bunch of African daisies! We had 6 tables total with each of us hosting a table of writers and editors.

After lunch, came the chit-chat session where we asked the writers and editors certain topics. It was an interesting discussion followed by the SURPRISE! Nokia gave each writer and editor a new Nokia 6111 for their personal review! Talk about generous. Of course, all of them were happy! Not only that, we also arranged for a beauty / pampering session where our guests could get their nails done, a massage, make over with free make up, and a facial! We started the event at noon, and we wrapped up at 5pm! That was the longest media event I had ever done. Our guests didn't want to go back to the office! ^_^ A lot of them thanked me personally for inviting them, and they thanked Nokia for an event that all of them enjoyed. Said that for 5 hours, they didn't think about work! Hee hee...

Nokia loves the media and they are generous about it. Unlike some other companies whose name I cannot mention. That was the entire objective, to pamper the media and it's actually not about the phone. It wasn't IT related, it was just about what a woman wants...

No comments: