Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Ho ho holiday...

I know I'm not blogging much these days... could be that I'm bored of it already or I now do not feel the need to bludgeon internet readers with my thoughts. Or it could be because I'm just too plain busy, and by the time I clock out, I'm in a too much of a vegetative state to spout sense. But for I will try again for old time's sake.

My Christmas holiday was one orgy after another. It was eating, eating, eating and drinking, drinking, drinking all the way. My Friday started with an invitation from colleagues to hang and get slosh at The Loft, Zouk, but I didn't like The Loft coz they play head-banging music and the place is populated by college kids and underpaid yuppies who can't "afford" to pay cover charge but drinks like a fish. It's all about priorities. The Loft usually play OK music right until the hands of time hit the witching hour and that's when all hell break loose with patrons already drunk and jumping energetically, jostling and stomping on the helpless beneath. Yeah, yours truly got stomped once and it was the last time I'll ever willingly set foot in that place... But then they do have cheap drinks... Tsk tsk, look how willing I am to trade alcohol for my feet. Haha. No I'm not an alcoholic. Go ahead roll yer eye... balls.

Long story short, ended up in Cynna with Aqmal, Zona and Zona's new best friend Nazrul, a chap who apparently knows the whole world, the way I hear Zona say it. Haha. We cracked a Smirnoff Berry and finished it in one sitting. And the funny thing was that, I didn't feel woozy at all after downing so much vodka... until much later.

It was just a night of hanging out with friends, old and new and talking crap, while the guys checked out the chicks. Cynna is one "classy" place. Patrons really dress up for a night of drunken falling all over each other, intentionally and non-intenti-HAH! yeah right, and a night of debauchery enough to put Mrs Elton and Britons to shame.

Anyway, LATER, we went to the "famous" mamak place with the "famous" nasi lemak for supper. It was my second time there and I still do not "taste" the attraction. Anyway, Aqmal didn't eat and he KNEW that vodka and sambal do not mix well, so he refrained from upsetting his system. Me, stoopid me, should have listened. Thought I had a some-sort of metal stomach la but after FOUR bites, I felt ready to burp and throw it all up. Ewwww! Gross! I gave my food to Naz and told myself not to THROW UP! All the way home, I held it in. When I got home, the first thing I did was drank loads of water AND THEN threw up. Eeyuch... Next morning, I woke up at 10am and went to the gym. ^_^

Saturday, cooked Christmas dinner with my mom. The children loved the dinner and the whole christmasy atmosphere as we don't really celebrate christmas. It was good food with good company and the wine helped loads. By the time the second batch of mash potatoes (my recipe), we were all well on our way to getting really merry on the wine and the honey mead. (Note to self: Go get some more mead for New Year's.)

Sunday, took a train in the morning to the ends of the earth for Zona's Christmas lunch, and hung out there until night when Zona, Nasrul and I went to see Wallace & Gromit at 1U. Funny show with lots of bad puns. If you want to know about the movie, google it. After that we went to The Orange to hang with Zona's uni friends to get sloshed. One way we tried to get slosh was to play the "I've never..." game which borders of a very well-rounded sex-ed if you're playing this the first time. The questions typically revolves around sex. The person of the moment will start with say, "I've never had a threesome" and those in the circle who has had threesomes had to take a sip of something alcoholic. And I didn't get sloshed. Enough said.

Monday, I woke up early to go to the gym and could not find my gym shoes! Decided then it was time to do some spring cleaning. Hence it was Clean-the-house Day and it was a good and productive day for me. I managed to get my shit cleaned and stored in its rightful place again and I can actually see the surface of my table for the first time in months. Installed a new shelf in the bedroom so that I can at least have my stuff in an orderly manner and not just scattered beside my bed. And I actually dismantle all the fans to cleaned it and then vacuumed the whole house, and finally gave all my cutesy toys and stuff a bath to scrub out the dust and balck stuff. They may look scruffy now but at least it's scruffy clean.

And now it's back to work... 'till next week! Planning something debauchery-like too. Hee hee.

No comments: