Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I'm not a FUCKING receptionist!

This is the letter I wrote to someone in the company. I've had it. If this person wants a fight, I'm gonna give them one.


Dear &%##@@&,

In regards to the matter of connecting my phone to the rest of CSD after office hours, I would like to voice some concerns. I am objecting after having my phone ring non-stop and non of the calls were for me. While I understand your side, I trust you can open up your mind to understand mine. Initially I didn't think it would be that bad, but now it is interrupting my work.

1. I wasn't inform beforhand about this. You didn't ask me if I would mind, you just did it. THEN only did you inform me. Neither did you inform any of my superiors beforehand.

2. Yes, I understand that someone should pick up the phone, but it is not in my job description to constantly answer and direct calls. I believe that is your department's job.

3. Yes I can choose not to pick it up but then I guess I won't be receiving any calls since I wouldn't know which call is really mine or someone else's. That said, I cannot NOT pick up the phone when the press is calling for me. And when I do pick it up and it's for someone else, I have to transfer it every time. Which I have been doing since you've connected my phone.

4. I've approached you to voice my concerns and you have the gall to tell me to provide YOU with a solution. With all due respect, it's your job as CSD's manager to find that solution, not mine.

5. Lastly, you mentioned the reason that you've establish the connection to my phone is because you can't have it ringing on
YOUR phone, so you've assign it to my phone so that you'll be able to hear it when it rings and be able to pick it up. But according to you, when it did ring a few times just now, you didn't hear those rings. Thus said, it defeats the purpose of having my phone ring instead of yours. It would be more reasonable to connect xxx's phone since she is the nearest to you and you'll be able to hear it when it rings. Why you have chosen my phone which is the furthest from you and has a soft rings makes me wonder indeed.

Regards,
Sharon Teo

PR & Programme Publicity
Vision New Media

No comments: