Thursday, May 19, 2005

Bittersweet ending to a chapter

Lord, I'm gonna miss him so much and I know he will miss me too. He said so, with a touch of sadness and melancholy. We both knew... knew that something is about to change. I had one of those rare long phone conversations with Chuo Ren last night. I really miss talking to him and I didn't realized how much I have missed this connection we have the last three years that he wasn't here. Last night's phone conversation will be the last of its kind coz he's getting married soon, and things will irrevocably be changed. I fear that we will lose that easiness that we have with each other. He is the one person that I can tell everything to, be it work, theories on sociology, science, relationship, sex... anything, and he doesn't judge but love me for who I am. Where else in this world can you find anther friend like this? But now that he's getting married, things will be different despite my assurance to him that nothing will change.

Come Sunday, Chuo Ren will be married and he'll be based in the surgery of a New York hospital. He's flying back to the States after getting registered.

It'll probably be another 7 - 10 years before I see him again. Well, that's not true, coz he coming back next year for his wedding. But then, it won't be the same, so it might as well be that long before I see him again.

I wish him great happiness and contentment with his wife-to-be. I wish them both joy, and hope for me that one day I might find my soul mate too.

No comments: