Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I am seaDevilyn, daughter of the sea

In the beginning, it was a very delicate time.

Know then that it is the year seven thousand ten, and the known world is ruled by bipedal humanoids with great powers of nuclear fission.

Unknown to those great rulers is another race of beings living beyond and under the horizon. Unfettered by the chains of entrallment cast by these humans, this ancient race of beings has been thriving for the past seven thousand years under our great oceans on an island once hailed as the greatest naval power, the island of Atlas, or more commonly known as Atlantis. History, as you know it, has been rewritten by Men of Power who thought that the Island of Atlas was destroyed.

It was not.

Yes. I am only one of the many Atlantean that now walks among bipeds like you.

You've met my fellow Atlantean, Aquaman, and like him, I need to immerse myself in the healing Waters of Life every so often, so that I am able to regenerate and recharge my soul. Though, unlike him, I am able to control my 'Change' and salt in fresh water does not affect me. Only the Waters of Life blessed by the Great Poseidon himself has the power to 'change' me. It is a painful process, only one in a thousand Atlanteans have the ability to make the journey with bipeds.

It is a journey I gladly partake.

My name is seaDevilyn and I am honoured to know you.

No comments: