Saturday, July 07, 2007

A tableau of an accident and hospitals

Was involved in a car accident yesterday morning on my way to work. Actually, I was already just outside my place of work when it happened. A motorcyclist was winding his way in between cars and in that split second, he somehow navigated wrongly or misjudged his speed and knocked into the back of my car and went flying off his bike. I was horrified that of all cars there, he had to knock into mine.

I called the ambulance as he was bleeding from scrapes on the face and he couldn't get up. I even gathered his belongings and documents and followed the ambulance to the hospital and passed his belogings to the nurse. The guy broke his hand, leg and some ribs. After that, I went to the police station to make a report. It was a horrid experience.

Yesterday was a horrible day. Damn suay I tell you. I've never been in an accident where I was the "targetted" driver. I've never even stepped into a police station before for matters like these. I'm usually accompanying someone there to do their reports like snatched bags, break-ins, lost Identity cards and all that shit. I guess there is a first time for everything. I think this experience is somewhat hardening me to the plight, self-inflicted or not, of others.

*sigh* I'll blog more about it later. I'm tired.

I'm going to the hospital now to see my mom. She was in surgery yesterday to remove her tumour and she's in ICU now.

What a horrible day.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

test